so I have been taking elijah to the bathroom with me when I go, and there is a little potty in there. he sits on his potty with his diaper on. anywho, today he walked past the bathroom and said "potty" --- but in his own way.. it sounds like potty but yet it doesn't.... but I knew what he meant. so I said.. okay lets go! so I take him in there and take off his diaper. but he didn't do anything. - I knew it was a little far fetched, but I was ecstatic that he said potty and wanted to go in there. Then my phone rang so we ran upstairs to get it. he was still naked have in mind. and we were in his room. He goes behind the glider and makes a grunting noise..then the next thing I know he pooped on the floor! - thankfully it was on a prefold that he threw back there a day or two ago. but then he comes out and I say... what did you do? (said it all happy) and he goes "poo" - in a sweeky voice. so he knew exactly what he did and I think he knew he had to go "potty" and that is why he took me in the bathroom.. but he doesn't want to sit in there long enough to do what he needs to do.
oh well, either way I am very proud of him for saying potty and then pooping right afterwards.... I know it may mean nothing to some people, but it is a huge step if ask me! especially cause we haven't even started potty training. it was all on his own. and he knew what he did and he hid from me to do it.
maybe he will potty train soon.. that would be amazing!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment