I told the dr how we took away his bottle at 13 months and that we've been having issues with him getting milk after that. - He probably drinks about 2 oz a week. We offer it to him all the time, but he just refuses it. ... and yes, we have tried EVERYTHING. so after 3 horrible days to break him of his habit of the bottle and 2 months have now gone by..... we are supposed to give him back the bottle twice a day (two 8 oz bottles).... doctors orders. man oh man, I can't believe I went through all that trouble. but he does need the milk. so we will be giving him a bottle just before bed and when he wakes up in the morning. Hopefully it will not change things too much... if anything it would be nice if it helped him to sleep longer :)
Right now he is sleeping from 7:00pm- anywhere from 5:30 / 6:30 am .. unfortunately it seems to be an earlier wake up time then a later one. Either way, he is sleeping through the night and I thank God for that precious uninterrupted sleep!
Elijah is full of all kinds of new words! It amazes me how much he is learning.
Here is some of the words I can think of that he now says. Most of them are in his own slang, but once you hear it a few times you know what he is saying....
cup / coffee / dog / pup / plain / bird / bed / outside / pool / go / bye / no / yesssss / mama / dad / grape (his FAVORITE food) / Abby - he actually just says "BEEEEEE" (for his fav cousin) bottle / glasses / hat / ball / book /belly /patty (for patty cake) / five (for high five) / blue (for blues clues) / gaba (for yo gaba gaba) I'm sure there is more. but everyday he seems to pick up something new.
anywho, for those that actually read this, kudos to you. and for those that didn't read this, well here is what you were looking for.... PICTURES :) hehe
This is "pup" aka Abby. Just thought it was a good picture of her and had
to share it. Not too many dog pictures turn out this good.
to share it. Not too many dog pictures turn out this good.
Elijah doing what he does best... being naughty.
(sitting on a table he is not supposed to and
playing with the remote and my keys)
I let Elijah color the other day. man oh man, he LOVED
it! it was crazy. now any time he sees a pen he screams cause he
wants it to color with. super funny.
or wearing them himself, either way its super cute.
Well he went into the bathroom with me the other day and wanted to sit on the
potty. so I let him. and he was being so cute... so I had to get this picture :)
I made my first diaper cover the other day. I turned out
pretty good, but its a little too small for Elijah. Pretty cool though, huh?
I lined up the fabric so that there is a dragon on the bum and
on the front right in the center. whatcha think??
pretty good, but its a little too small for Elijah. Pretty cool though, huh?
I lined up the fabric so that there is a dragon on the bum and
on the front right in the center. whatcha think??
6 comments:
Wow! He is getting SO big, and cute and....
Hoping to see you all soon!
HI!!!
I did not know you had a blog! I will be reading your posts from now on :) I look forward to reading what God lays on your heart to share! you are one amazing girl :)
Thank you!
My Dad actually said that I should start one. I am going to be working on a new post soon-just need a while to gather my thoughts!
The post titled "Bearing Good Fruit, or Bad?" is an article that I sent to a girls magazine.
so what happened to you posting recipes? I remember you wrote one on your dad's blog, and I was looking forward to trying some of them out... but you stopped writing them :(
so what happened to you posting recipes? I remember you wrote one on your dad's blog, and I was looking forward to trying some of them out... but you stopped writing them :(
I was not sure that anyone was interested in them. I will start putting some on my blog now:)
Post a Comment