I John 3:18

1 John 3:18 - "Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." . . . This is a great verse to remind us to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

5 year anniversary surprise...

Last weekend Steven and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary! On one hand it seems like just last week we got married and were starting our lives together, but on the other hand... it seems like we've been married forever cuz I can't really remember life before him!

*Got the idea from pinterest.com, they said to take a picture of you holding a picture from your previous anniversary... but I thought every 5 years would be better*


STEVEN TOLD ME THAT HE PLANNED OUR ANNIVERSARY AND THAT THE ENTIRE THING WAS A SURPRISE AND I WILL KNOW THINGS WHEN HE THOUGHT I NEEDED TO KNOW THEM.... I WAS COMPLETELY IN THE DARK, HE DID A GREAT JOB KEEPING IT FROM ME. AND THOUGH IT KILLED ME NOT TO KNOW, IT WAS AWESOME GETTING THE SURPRISE(S) :)

So on our anniversary (last friday), I told Steven happy anniversary and he went to work as usual (he left at 5:45). Then around 6-ish the boys got up and we went downstairs and started our morning routine. At 6:30 I hear the front door unlock and figured that Steven forgot something and came home to get it. - When he comes in he is holding a bag of bagels from a super yummy bagel store :) He told me that he wanted to surprise me and that he took the day off!

We hung out and played with the boys all morning and then around noon I started to get cleaned up and Steven told me that I need to pack a bag for over night. WHAT?! my first night with out my boys? I have only had one weekend completely kid free since Elijah was born (it was for a woman's retreat). He said he wanted me to be able to relax and get a full nights rest.... how thoughtful! :)

I packed our bags, we said our good-byes, and then.... we were off, but to where? don't know! After a little while in the car we arrived at a beautiful resort in Scottsdale called The Fairmont Princess.




Checked in and we were off to see the room. --- it was sooo nice!



Then we got ready for my next surprise, dinner!

Fogo De Chao! I guess the best way to describe this place is that it is an elegant all-you-can-eat restaurant. They have an awesome salad bar ... haha, or so Steven said :P So how this place worked - you sit at your table and there is a coaster for each person. One side is green and the other is red. When you have it on the red side no one bothers you. but when you turn the card over to green there are people that walk by with different cuts of meat and ask you if you want some. you can tell them how you want it cooked and they will cut that part of the meat. ( this pic is from the internet)

Someone even came by and poured me sprite (from a little glass sprite bottle) just about every time I took a sip from the cup. - I giggled every time they did that by the way. lol. Lets talk about the meat -- my two favorites were the bottom sirloin and the pork tender loin covered in real Parmesan cheese .... mmmmmmm!!! There was about 10 other types of meat too!

and after our all-you-can-eat dinner (that we were stuffed from) they let us pick ANY dessert we wanted(suddenly not so full anymore lol).... and then they brought it to us all fancy with "happy anniversary" wrote on the plate with chocolate....

Then it was back to the Resort. We walked around for awhile then decided to go to the lounge area and have a drink. Then the waitress came up to us and told us that some guy wanted to buy us a drink.

Then we went over and thanked the guy. He was an older gentleman that looked like he was staying at the hotel for business. He told us that we just looked like we were so in love and happy and he thought it was special so he wanted to be giving. we told him it was our 5 year anniversary and his eyes lit up and he was very happy that he decided to buy us a drink. We then walked back to our room and the entire way there we couldn't stop talking about how nice that guy was and how awesome it was that someone else could see that we are in love and happy :) -- we also decided if we ever have a good amount of money, (as we found out that buying 3 drinks cost us $41!! - good thing we got a $50 credit for booking the room) we would buy a happy couple a drink sometime :)

wish this picture would have turned out better, but the water was all lit up so it messed with my camera's picture taking abilities lol. but I was able to make the pic black and white and darken it to show us. - we were super bright and you couldn't see us very well in the color picture. oh well, still a good pic :)


Saturday morning we went out to breakfast as , again, it was far too expensive to eat there! - $7 for a bowl of cereal!! - shoot, you better be giving me the entire box and a gallon of milk for that price!! there was even a (chinsy) breakfast for two that cost a whopping $65!!! NO WAY JOSE! We happily ate a Village Inn for $13 lol... and were stuffed!

Then we decided to try out their pool. It was very nice and relaxing!

*sigh*

then it was time to get our stuff together and head back to reality!


I feel so blessed to have spent 5 wonderful years of marriage with Steven :) and he did an awesome job planning everything!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had such a great time. You deserve it and good job Steven! Love the five year and first year photo frame pic.

Kaela said...

WOW Missy! it sounds like you had a wonderful time! Steven did such a good job, and you deserve it!

Your right, even for me it seems like you got married only a year ago...but then, I hardly remember Steven without you!

Happy anniversary!