I John 3:18

1 John 3:18 - "Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." . . . This is a great verse to remind us to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Caleb's first birthday

My baby boy is 1 now .... I am both happy and sad about this realization. I am proud that he is growing and showing a personality of his own, but I am sad that my baby is not so much of a baby anymore. He learns so much everyday! - he can say : mama, dada, more, done, Ijah(elijah), ball, no-no, mighy-mighy (mighty machines, lol) and he tries to say bathroom but it comes out more like "baaaa-baaa" and he points. He, just like his brother, will point and get super excited anytime we are in the car and a "mighty machine" passes by our car --- it is quite funny to see/hear your 12 month old say "ah! ah! ah!" and wiggle all around in his car seat pointing and trying his hardest to see the garbage truck that we are passing lol.

Anywho, his birthday was a lot of fun! and we thank everyone who came for joining in his celebration :)


so does it surprise anyone that Elijah picked this balloon out for Caleb? lol - wish I would have known about this for Elijah's party! oh well, Caleb loved it... and Elijah had to have one too, of course! lol.

The birthday boy checking out his new balloon...

When everyone arrived we went swimming and ate hotdogs....


Caleb and my mom. I love love love his serious face :)

So .... Noel and I spent a good 10 or so minutes filling up water balloons for the kiddos. - sounds like a great idea right? well, the answer is yes... but make sure you don't roll the basket of balloons on the grass .... CUZ THEY WILL ALL BREAK THE SECOND THEY TOUCH THE GROUND!!

*** EPIC FAIL ***
all the kiddos running as I am rolling the balloons on the ground... EVERY single one broke!
lol it was quite funny but I felt very schmuck-ish :P

Then it was time to have cup cakes!! Didn't get the best pictures of this moment as Caleb was running on about 15 minutes of napping .... so if you took pictures and got any please email them to me!

Then he needed to get cleaned up! Does this bring back memories to anyone else?!
Caleb getting cleaned (left) and Elijah on his first birthday getting cleaned (right)


Now that he is clean......

Time to 0pen the presents!


Now we are on to other fun adventures ... like climbing on anything and everything! getting into EVERY cabinet in the house (99.9% of which he is not supposed to be in) pestering his brother.... ya know, the usual 1 year old stuff :P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the two pics of the boys at one year in the sink. SO CUTE!

Unknown said...

Very cute! I love the picture of him with your mom. I completely missed cupcake time, so, sorry, no pictures:(

Toyin O. said...

Great pictures, Happy Birthday to Caleb:)

* Missy * said...

Thank you Toyin :) I will have to check out your blog. - thanks for chiming in!--- it is nice to know that more then 3 people read my silly blog. lol. may I ask how you stumbled upon my blog?