I John 3:18

1 John 3:18 - "Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." . . . This is a great verse to remind us to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

what happened?!

Elijah has been potty trainING for 2 weeks now. And until Tuesday after nap time, he has been doing awesome! - He would tell me every time he had to pee or poop and run to the bathroom. - If he had to pee, chances are I had to change his undies cuz there would be a tiny wet spot... but his pants would still be dry, so I wasn't complaining! As far as nights and naps go -- he has be ama-za-zing!!! I think since we started day time training he only had one wet night! Well last night I finally decided to leave him in undies... he woke up around 1:30am to use the potty and did great, and then woke up for the day dry :)

Now remember I said "until Tuesday" ... well since then he hasn't been telling me during the day and just goes in his pants and doesn't care :( No clue what happened ... he was doing so great! He would get so mad if he had wet undies and tell me right away (even the first day), but now he just keeps on doing what he is doing and doesn't care. and he only pooped his undies the first day of training, since then he always told me. -- just don't get it! and here is the kicker... when I ask him "why didn't you tell Mommy? Why didn't you go potty on the toilet?"... his response - shaking his head and saying "wanna" which means that he just didn't want to do it.


But I am hopeful we will get back there again soon... just wish I knew what threw him out of balance and made him regress??

I am still very proud of him for getting night and nap time down so quickly! and I know we are only 2 weeks into training and he is still doing great.

No comments: