I John 3:18

1 John 3:18 - "Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." . . . This is a great verse to remind us to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

POTTY TRAINING!

It has been exactly a week since we started potty training. I am VERY pleased to inform all of you that Elijah is practically there!

He only pooped in his undies the first day, since then he has told me EVERY TIME before he started going -- it's not me catching him, it's him actually telling me!

As far as peeing goes... I take him before we leave somewhere, but for the most part I try to take him once an hour or whenever he tells me. - unfortunately, if he tells me that means he needs new undies cuz he will have a little wet spot on them... but I think it is awesome that he stops himself and then comes and tells me. Though one time yesterday, he told me and his undies were completely dry!! so we are def getting closer.

And here is the biggest thing..... Elijah has woken up from his nap 3 days in a row dry! and this morning he woke up from sleeping all night DRY!! - I wasn't even gonna bother trying to do "sleep potty training" right now, I figured day time was enough for now. But it seems like the kid is doing it on his own!

Everyone keeps telling me that I am doing a great job... but let me tell ya, it has nothing to do with me. I think it's a matter of Elijah hating to be messy, and he just did what he had to do to stat clean. works for me!

on a side note, while I am writing this Elijah came up to me and said "guess-a what" .... He has never done that before, so I say "guess what, what?" he says "wuv-a you" (love you). It was very sweet and I just had to share :)

I truly cannot believe how quickly he learning and growing this passed month! he went from saying one - two words to over night saying and repeating full sentences. And I know once Caleb comes, Elijah will only seem that much more grown up. - *tear* my little boy is not so little anymore!

I'm very proud of him :) I love my boys :)

1 comment: