4 days has come and gone all too quickly! We had a really great time on our vacation this year. It was nice that Elijah was older this year and able to really enjoy the beach. Our vacation group this year consisted of Me, Steven, Elijah, Susan (mother in law) and Shirley (aunt in law).
We left Thursday morning around 9:30am and took two cars so we could be comfy and pack more things. Unfortunately about half way through our drive Shirley's car got a flat tire and we had to go back to the closest town (which was actually not too far way thank goodness!) and get her a new tire. While we were walking around waiting for her tire, Elijah noticed a tractor and says "tractor ..... mmmmooooooooo" -and then sticks his tongue out and blows. --- if you don't know what this is about.... it is in relation to the movie cars where the tractors are cows. It was pretty stinking funny!
Anywho, after that we had a smooth drive. Checked into our hotel and then got dinner and drove by the beach.... end of Thursday lol.
Friday: We went to the beach for awhile. Elijah loved it this year! It was super nice cuz he loved to get his feet wet, but he wouldn't dare go in too far. - so it was nice not to have to worry too much.
Elijah when we first got to the beach....
running towards the water...
Steven convinced me to go in the water. Right after I got soaked by a wave my feet cramped up (really bad) but I stayed in a little longer. The water was super cold, but once you were in for awhile it wasn't too bad. Unfortunately, since that event, my feet have been killing me :( It is finally slowly starting to get better, but still pretty sore.
right before we went in...
(I think all the blood rushed to my stomach to save Caleb and
left my feet to fen for themselves lol)
Later that day we did some walking around the town. - super nice, by the way. We ate dinner at a really nice Italian restaurant. While we were waiting for our dinner, I convinced Elijah to lick a lemon. Super funny!
after he would take a lick, he would make a silly face ( didn't get
a pic of that) and then he would give me a big smile and say "again!!"
a pic of that) and then he would give me a big smile and say "again!!"
After dinner we did some more walking.... That's how we roll :)
Elijah gave Susan a flower and she stuck it in her hair, so I got a picture of her and Steven with the flower...
and then played some cards in our room.
Saturday: Back to the beach. I didn't venture in the water that day.... my feet were killing me between the cramp and all the walking. so I just hung out on the beach with Elijah and built sand castles and played.
There was an AWESOME park on the beach, so we took Elijah to that too.
We can't forget about Caleb! Elijah decided that Caleb needed a little sand ...
Just being cute...
Around lunch time we headed back to the hotel where Elijah took a very much so needed nap, and then we went back to the beach.... but it was very cloudy and cold so we didn't stay long, but Steven was brave and got back in the water again and tried to use the boogie board. I think he caught a few small waves. That night we went to TGI- Friday's and we all ended up getting steak dinners - which they were really yummy! unfortunately I didn't realize how hungry Elijah was and said I would share mine with him since everyone else wanted to try the Jack Daniels Steaks..... well the kid ate 3/4th of my steak - probably would have ate the entire thing if I would have let him! but oh well, I probably didn't need to eat that much anyways. lol.
Some pictures from while we were waiting to be seated for dinner....
a little blurry, but a pretty darn good picture (if I might say so myself... considering I took it lol)
After dinner we went back to our room and Grandma and Elijah watched part of 'Cars'...
Sunday: we got the rooms all packed up and then went out to breakfast. Then walked around for a little more .... then headed home.
1 comment:
Awesome! How SO SUPER FUN!
Post a Comment