I John 3:18

1 John 3:18 - "Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." . . . This is a great verse to remind us to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

homeschooling....

I thought I would start looking into a few homeschooling websites/blogs this last week. Man! there is sooooo much out there!!! WHERE TO START? AHHHH! lol.

Well the real reason I started looking into things was because Elijah is VERY much so into "what day is it" and "what time is it" .... ALL..... DAY... LONG! So I started looking into getting one of those big classroom calendars. - Like the ones you might see in a kindergarten class. There is so many to choose from. Really?! I think I have found like 15 that I like haha. and that is only for a calendar!?! how will I be able to narrow down actual school books when it comes time? I'm sure there is plenty more curriculum's then there is classroom calendars lol.

Anywho, I really really like the simplicity of this one....


But I have seen many others that also show the weather and season on it as well. and I like that idea too. but those ones have a ton more things that I really don't care about. I think I will end up with this one and then maybe try to add the little things I want?

Well after looking at calendars and stumbling across many homeschooling blogs / websites. I have something new to currently research. It is called "character building". I get the concept, but have never actually heard of the term or know how to implement it. Does anyone who is reading this blog want to enlighten me on how they do this? or what books you use?

1 comment:

Kaela said...

1st off, I think you rock for wanting to homeschool your boys! And you know who you can call if you have any questions about this stuff :)