so here is his "school area"....
and this is the calendar that we found :) There is so many cute little things that came with it! I really like the "Today is..." tab that you can slide along the top. There is also (behind elijah in the picture) a weather chart that he can put the arrow in which ever slot fits with the weather for that day. And under the calendar is a "season" chart. In the picture he is showing you what day it is :) I am really hoping that the calendar and his new passion for having to know what day it is will help him learn what the numbers above 10 look like (he can count to 15 but cannot recognize the numbers... he calls them all 10 lol) as well as learn the days of the week :)
This is the book that we picked out . It has a part that he can trace the letter and then we talk about it and the different sounds it makes. I thought he did really well and that he understood what the letter "a" was. I asked him RIGHT AFTER we finished "school" what letter we talked about and learned. - He replies "we learned about big "J" and little "j" mama!"
- palm to forehead- ugh! really? so I thought maybe he just didn't understand what I asked him. so I show in the 'A' in the book and say "hey Elijah, remember what we just did? What letter is this?!" He says " YA! we learned about big 'K' and little 'k' "
REALLY?! A..... J..... K.... does anyone else get it? .... they all sound alike - forehead to palm (again). silly boy! they all have the 'a' end sound to them. ohs well. he is only 3. But it really seemed like he got it when we were doing it haha. man did he have me going. lol
After that we colored his bubble numbers for each day of "what God did on the xxx day". I think it will help him to retain it. and every night we go over what God made on the previous day(s) before we move on to the next day.
2= the sky
3= the seeds, the plants (vines are cool too right? lol) had to straw his favorite fruit too, a strawberry if you couldn't tell lol. Tree's , grass, and the world. -- Elijah will tell you top soil too if you ask him about the 3rd day haha. goofball.
we read about the 4th day last night but didn't get a chance to color it yet.
1 comment:
Wow, that area at the top of the stairs looks amazing!! Nice work, momma :)
-Cassandra
Post a Comment