I had been thinking that I wanted to get Elijah bunk beds soon as he kept complaining that his toddler bed was too small. --- and I think he also liked the fact that his best bud, Silas, has a big bed and wanted one too. So I put the word out that we were looking for bunk beds, and one of our friends blessed us with their old ones :) We were very grateful and so was/is Elijah!!
Right now Elijah is sleeping on the bottom bunk, as I do not trust his monkey self on the top yet. lol. Which works out rather well cuz I needed some extra storage.... that is what the top bunk is currently being used for. I just put a fitted sheet over the railing so that way Elijah wouldn't be tempted to climb up there as well as to hide the stuff from sight that is being stored.
Right now Elijah is sleeping on the bottom bunk, as I do not trust his monkey self on the top yet. lol. Which works out rather well cuz I needed some extra storage.... that is what the top bunk is currently being used for. I just put a fitted sheet over the railing so that way Elijah wouldn't be tempted to climb up there as well as to hide the stuff from sight that is being stored.
The first two nights in his new bed, Elijah got up a few times cuz he was scared. But now he is sleeping great and loves it :)
Here is the view from the door way.....
If you click on the picture you can see it enlarged.
I would like to point out a few frugal finds....
The construction pictures on the wall I got off craigslist for $5 -- they are SUPER NICE!
and Elijah has to tell me about them every time we are in his room.
and the work bench I also snagged off the beloved craigslist for $10.
and yes Noel, that is foil on the little window :P hehe
Here is the view from the door way.....
If you click on the picture you can see it enlarged.
I would like to point out a few frugal finds....
The construction pictures on the wall I got off craigslist for $5 -- they are SUPER NICE!
and Elijah has to tell me about them every time we are in his room.
and the work bench I also snagged off the beloved craigslist for $10.
and yes Noel, that is foil on the little window :P hehe
Different view from the doorway...

Elijah's BIG boy bed :) My mom got the "Cars" bed set and toy box from a friend.
And of course the infamous toys under the bed... it has already started lol
view from standing next to the work bench. I know the blanket on top looks a wee bit tacky but it works for now :)
Elijah's BIG boy bed :) My mom got the "Cars" bed set and toy box from a friend.
And of course the infamous toys under the bed... it has already started lol
And you can't forget about Mr. Caleb. This is where he sleeps... when he does. lol
See the soft book in there? -- makes for a great baby play toy as well as a pillow for him :)
I lay him down awake (most nights) and he usually plays for a few min and I check on him later and he is always laying on it.
and of course his cowboys blanket :P
See the soft book in there? -- makes for a great baby play toy as well as a pillow for him :)
I lay him down awake (most nights) and he usually plays for a few min and I check on him later and he is always laying on it.
and of course his cowboys blanket :P
No comments:
Post a Comment