I John 3:18

1 John 3:18 - "Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." . . . This is a great verse to remind us to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Updating...updating... updating...

I know I say this a lot.... but seriously....Where does the time go? I have a 3 1/2 year old and a 15 month old. My boys surprise me every day with the things they can do. Not that I think they are incapable of learning things, but I am shocked at how quickly they pick up on things that I think are well beyond their years.

Take my Iphone for example - Elijah knows how to navigate it to look at pictures, take pictures, answer the phone when someone calls,play MANY games by himself (and is actually pretty good at them!).

Then there is Caleb, if I turn it to my pictures he knows how to slide the pictures across the screen to see them all.

and that is only with my phone... Caleb says a TON of things!! he trys to say EVERYTHING but it usually just comes out as a mumble, he still gets kudos in my book for trying though :) He still loves to be babied and *sigh* still has his baba --- which, oddly enough, is NOT a bottle! it is his binky. lol. I am trying to get him to cut back on it, and it is going pretty well. but we all fall into the "EASY" way out... he is fussing and we need him to quite down = binky. he is sleepy= binky, he so cutely holds out his hand and proclaims "baba"!! = binky lol. hey, atleast he doesn't have a bottle anymore, right? right? - eh, its good enough for me ... for now. :P and he doesn't sleep though the night yet, mater-of-fact he wakes several times a night most nights. - but God is good and it is probably only 15 or so steps to his crib from the end of my bed. some nights he only wakes up once around 4am and those nights are awesome. But I have come to realize that they will sleep through the night when they are ready, and I know that Caleb does not eat very much during the day - I try to feed him all day but he mostly chicken pecks everything. so I would feel awful not letting him have his milk at night. and though I am super tired when I first wake up, I get the energy I need to get through the day :)

Elijah is such a smart boy! they are getting ready for the Christmas play at church and I think they have only practiced it a few times at church. Then it occurred to me the other day that I needed to practice it with him cuz the play is this sunday!! - I tell him we need to go over it and he replies - "I already know it Mommy!!" and this was the video that proved it.... (he got a little mixed up at the end but did awesome!)




Now the real question is... will he do this on stage with the other kids? - I sure hope so!!


He is so cute, he asked me who Mary is after he was done and I told him that that was Jesus' mommy. Then yesterday I mentioned something about our friends Cassie and Joseph and he interrupts and says " Joseph is Jesus' daddy!!" lol. I can't believe how much he absorbs! He will tell me after church each sunday that he doesn't know what he learned (stubborn boy!) yet he will say stuff all through the week and when I ask him where he learned it he always relpies "At school... my teach Naomi teaches me all kinds of stuff about God and Jesus!!" - so if you read this Naomi... I give you a BIG thanks for helping to teach my son :) and if you didn't notice by the context of what Elijah said -- he thinks that church is school.... like the normal school that his cousins go to during the week. hehe.

That's enough updating! anywho, we bought a small BLUE christmas tree for the boys' room at the beginning of December cuz the boys always got SOOOO excited everytime they see "christmas" at the stores. - I'm such a sucker for doing the little things that make my kids eyes light up :) -- and spending me weekly money on them. lol. not sure I will ever learn that my money is for me... but I get so much joy out of doing things with and for them :) so this is their tree (pre decorated).....


Hehe, he HAD to have Flinstone in the picture too! --- that is his best bud dinosaur that his uncle Scott got him when we all went to the dinosaur museum. *he got his name by asking me what his name is, and I thought he looked like the flinstones pet so I said how about dino? he said no so I JOKING-LY said fine how about flinstone... tada he has a name lol*

Now every time Caleb goes in the room he yells "Ki-eye -Ki-eye" until we turn on the tree :)


and just a few pics random pics ....

YES, I wanted to take this picture :P I'm goofy, I know... but it looked like fun. lol


Going to see Breaking Dawn part 1 with "my person" *greys anatomy reference, they call their best friend 'their person'... which sounds like like a 10 year old saying my bestest friend*

Elijah hanging out with Papa on Thanksgiving :)

going to a murder mystery dinner with Steven - was a lot of fun!

and just a super cute pic of Caleb that I took one day while I was getting gas. When I get a chance I wanna edit/enhance this picture :)


I promise to try to do more updates, but we will be busy this next week with christmas coming up. but I will be sure to update it afterwards.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ma'am, i'm going to need a copy of that picture XD ♥♥♥