I John 3:18

1 John 3:18 - "Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." . . . This is a great verse to remind us to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Made me think.....



Saw this on Pinterest.com


It says ....

"THIS TOO SHALL PASS be present."


I really don't know why this stuck out to me so much, but it did. and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind since I found it a few days ago.

I know that "this too shall pass" is often associated with negative things.... but it could also be about positive things (hence the "be present" part).


Kids running to the door yelling "Daddy!!!!" when he gets home from work - this too shall pass.
Sleepless nights - this too shall pass.
Special snuggle time - this too shall pass.
Never ending piles of laundry - this too shall pass.
Your child picking flowers for you from the forest - this too shall pass
Messy floors - this too shall pass.
ect...
ect ...
ect...

See?! it can go both ways.... It is a very strong , emotion filled statement. - to me anyways.


Even though we don't have a house of our own yet (hoping to start looking in a few months - prayers are appreciated!) I am already imagining having something with that saying on it.

what are your thoughts on that statement? Do you only see it in a negative way? or do you too see it as a wake up call? - we need to be present in our lives and our children's!
Not have as many "in a minute's".... "not right now's".... "later, i'm busy's" and give more time to the here and now. Time is passing by so quickly - I feel like the months are flying by and that I need to take more time for my kids and their interests.

I want my kids to look back on their childhood's and remember all the time we spent together, even if that means a little more work on my part and a messy house from time to time. (eh who am I kidding, the house always has a mess somewhere! lol)


So I leave you with this....

Time is passing, are you savoring every moment?
Remember, with everything, This too shall pass....
are you present?


*Me and the boys on our camping trip from last weekend*


1 comment:

Unknown said...

you guys look C-C-COLD!

i love that statement. i follow you on P, so it popped up on my wall. I've held to this for awhile now, trying very hard to, like you said, not say "not right now, i'm busy," so often... mostly because when i say that, I'm not always "busy," just don't want to participate. ;P

but bashful cub turning eight, and me soon to be 18, has really left me realizing that i need to be present and not think about the future so much.

have a great day!♥