I John 3:18

1 John 3:18 - "Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." . . . This is a great verse to remind us to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cajun Chicken

This is a super yummy, spiced pasta chicken and peppers dish :) -- if you or your family don't dig spicy (we don't think it's spicy but I know some will) you can tone down the Cajun seasoning a little.

This recipe makes enough for 2 dinners for our family.

What you will need: 1 - 12 oz box of bow tie pasta
4 - boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Chopped into bite size pieces.
4 table spoons of butter
2-3 bell peppers, chopped - you can use any colors you want... I use which ever is on sale that week
2 green onions, minced.
3-4 tablespoons cajun seasoning (depending on how spicy you want it)
1 tablespoon basil
3 teaspoons lemon pepper
3 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon pepper
3/4 - 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese



DIRECTIONS:

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook as directed; drain


Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in about 2 tablespoons butter until no longer pink and juices run clear. About 5-8 minutes.

Add peppers and green onions. cook for 2-3 minutes.
Pour the chicken and peppers mixture into the pasta, mix well. Then add in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter - I don't really measure how much I put in, but I am guessing that is about as much as I use. So use your judgement and go from there :)

Next add in all the seasonings and mix very well.....


TADA! SUPER YUMMY & PRETTY EASY :)

Let me know if you try it and how you liked it!

1 comment:

Kaela said...

that. looks. YUMMY!