Anyways, I had to share that I told Elijah he could bring one item with him in the car to entertain himself on the drive. - do you wanna know what he picked? ....
a Donkey Kong official players guide magazine. lol. He likes playing "D.K." with his daddy when he has time and ended up finding that magazine in a stack of game stuff. and that is what he asked if he could take. lol. He looked at it for quite awhile - it was very cute.
I am very proud to say that Caleb is officially a walker :) He has been part walking part crawling for the last month, but I really started working with him a week before our trip - cuz how fun would it be to crawl around in the forest? so we bought him his very first pair of shoes and started the training... and sure enough he walked most of the time we were there, and it has continued to be his main way of transportation since then.
The first after noon was mostly spent getting the tents up and all the stuff unloaded. And the kids went looking for fire wood.
Then we had dinner and of course ate some s'mores - didn't get pictures of that cuz we were having too much fun making and eating them :P
Saturday we got up when Elijah and Caleb did - around 5am and got a fire started right away. The kids had a great time just being able to have freedom and pretty much do what they wanted. I took the boys to get some pictures. I was very happy with how they turned out :)

Then I tried to get some individual pictures of my boys....


and then I just went around getting pics of the kids doing their own stuff, unedited and unposed - got the most amazing picture of Elijah and Liana! ---
and sunday we ate breakfast and then packed everything up to go home. I was sad to go as I know the boys were loving every minute of it... but I was happy to be going home to a shower lol - it is amazing how dirty one can get in a short weekend. lol
I have 200 more pictures that were taking over that weekend, but these were the best lol

2 comments:
wow, looks like you guys had lotsa fun! lol, i remember reading that dk manual at least five times:D and btw, that's a beautiful picture of liana and elijah♥
one more thing -- you sure laugh out loud a lot ;P
Yay...I love camping and it looks like you guys had a great time. Loving the pics too :)
Post a Comment