yay!!! I am finally all caught up on posts :P lol it only took a couple hours last night and a little time this morning. -- guess that is what I get for being over a month behind in posts. lol Anywho, I am getting really excited about this holiday season. Anytime we go into a store and see a christmas tree, Elijah says "I see christmas!!" and gets all excited. - it is the highlight of our trips. lol. He is going to be sooo excited when we decorate my parents house (my mom does a pretty amazing job with decorating for christmas!). I've always thought her house looked great during the christmas season, but I think this year will be especially nice due to my son's love for the store decorations. lol. I am also very excited to take both the boys out looking at christmas lights. Every year we go out with the Vickery family... but again, I think this year will be extra special. Elijah actually gets excited now, and this is our first christmas as a family of four!
I have to say that it is pretty darn funny when people at the store see Elijah's excitement over christmas stuff and then they ask "what is santa gonna bring you for christmas?" and Elijah just looks at them like they are crazy. lol. We don't "do" santa in our house, but Elijah still see's shows on tv with him in them... he calls him "ho-ho" though. === there was a show on tv last year where santa lost his "ho-ho-ho" and so Elijah just decided one day that his name was ho-ho. we all got a pretty great laugh out of that!! But honestly , I think he thinks of "santa" as he does Dora... just another person on tv. I really don't get why parents go out and buy presents for their children and then say that some made up person bought it for their kids. lol. -- I want my kids to know that Mommy and Daddy used their hard earned money to buy them gifts! lol.
anywho, with christmas approaching another wonderful thing is coming as well! - come tax return we will be debt free!!! and then we are hoping to find a house to buy shortly there after. wish us luck :) We are very excited about the idea of owning our own house soon, but yet we will be sad to leave my mother in laws house. By that time we will have been with her for 2 years.... and it has truly been a blessing living with her :) I am very grateful for all of the things she has taught me. And I know if we never lived here, that we wouldn't be as close as we are. I really wasn't too happy when we moved in with her (just cuz we had to leave our old house... well and cuz our room is upstairs here lol) but looking back, 2 years has flown by!! and now thinking that we only have a few months left I am both sad and happy. I know it is silly to say, but I thank God that we had to move into this house with her. :) I feel truly blessed that I have such a wonderful mother in law.
No comments:
Post a Comment