So Steven and I started a running training program last night. It is a 9 week thing and it is supposed to work us up to running 3 miles at a time. - Last night we would run for 60 seconds and then brisk walk for 90 seconds... we did that 8 times. The last two runs were somewhat difficult for me. Not only was I (pathetically) tired but my feet, shins, and knees were bothering me. and now today the balls of my feet are killing me.
I went to a shoe store that is dedicated to running shoes and they used all these fancy machines to help figure out how my foot steps and where the pressure is and all that good stuff. The guy even made me a costume insert for my shoes. - the three guys that happened to see my insert all agreed that they have NEVER seen an arch that high. I'm thinking that is not a good thing lol. Anywho then they put the inserts into some of the shoes for me to try... WOW! it felt sooo weird to have that inner part of my foot actually be touching something. But after I got used to it, it was super nice to walk on.
I found two pairs of shoes that I liked too. - I wasn't planning to buy anything so I just asked the guy to write down the info on the shoes so that way I could look them up online and compare.
THEN.... the guys proceeds to tell me that I should buy the insert that they made for me feet.... for $77!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! that is insane! and to think, as soon as I walked out that door they just throw them away :( Here I am thinking that he was going to say "if you buy a pair of shoes the inserts are free"... or half off. or $20-30. Man, haven't they heard of the saying "a fast nickle or a slow dime"?? if it were half that price I so would have bought them. but instead of $38.50, they got nothing.... and neither did I ! lol.
Not sure what we will end up doing with my crazy feet, but I will need to figure something out.
so that is reason number 1 that I need a lot of money.
Reason number 2 :
My friend and I traded camera's a few days ago so I could get used to how her's works. - I am photographing her sister's wedding on the 27th. I have to say, I got the awesome end of this deal!! Her camera is the super nice fancy-smancy type :) But at the same time I think she feels as though it was a good deal too cuz though her camera is nice.. it is by no means compact. - so now she will have a camera to take around to capture the little moments when you say "man I wish I had my camera with me".
But now I want... NO, I NEED a good camera! lol look at these amazing pictures I took....
Yes, I did use photoshop and I do have amazing kids to take pictures of, but still the camera DOES help a ton! lol
and of course there is the obvious number 3 and 4 as to why I need a lot of money...
I want a house and a mini van/or larger suv.
** anyone want to buy me those things or give me the money?**


4 comments:
Oooooh, how I feel your pain. I have been dying to get my hands on a dslr camera for at least a month now. A job would come in handy at this point... they can be over $500!! Oh, and those shoes are ridiculous. I bet you could make yourself the inserts...
Hey, if you win the lottery, share the wealth?? Pretty please???♥♥♥
Your favorite 18-year-old niece,
Jessica
I love that middle picture of the three. Who's camera were you using? Great job! Did you sharpen his eyes in the middle pic? I'd love to know how you did it, if so.
I agree with Laura...the middle picture is amazing and by far my favorite. And Laura, she is using my camera. She's just better at taking pictures than I am....which makes me feel awful for having an expensive nice one.
lol for what it's worth Nataley - I think I took like 20 pictures around that time to get that one good one of elijah.
Post a Comment