I John 3:18

1 John 3:18 - "Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." . . . This is a great verse to remind us to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

or is it?

I was thinking about this today as my, just turned, 3 year old comes down stairs wearing his new clothes that he got from his party. - They are very cute, but the shirt is about a size too big. Then I notice he is wearing one white ankle sock and one fold down white/blue/orange stripe sock. The first thing he tells me is "Look mom, I got dressed ALL by myself!" So I reply "You sure did!" Then Elijah tells me, "I am such a big boy and look great".


See, he really thought he looked good. - oh and I guess I should mention that the shirt is button up and red and black. and then fire boots and his cowboy's football hat were added to the mix. lol.

I don't have a picture of him in that outfit I was talking about but here is some of the fashions he has chosen.
First you have him (outside) in a shirt, undies, and fire boots.
The second picture (which I love the shirt, and the shorts - just not together!) he obviously does not match, but he is actually laughing and showing me his socks :P
The third picture is a normal outfit to let you see that he does get it right a lot of the time too :)
and the last picture... that is pretty much how you are likely to see him. Hat on, sunglasses, construction vehicle shirt and a huge grin. He may be goofy, but I love him!




I will say that for the most part he really does do a good job picking out his clothes, though the kid purposely had decided to never get matching socks - he finds it hilarious that they don't match... and they are socks, so I really don't mind.

Anywho, going with that ... I have always been on the search for a cute head band that will hold up the short hair in the back of my head as well as work with my glasses and be cute!

Well I finally found one that fits all those needs at Fry's today! (and for only $3, score!)


After going back and forth for several minutes trying to figure out if it was too kid-ish or not and what color to get. I decided to take the leap and get it. I personally am glad I got it, and I think it is very cute. But I still am debating with myself if it truly is too kiddy.

so what do you think about the head band?

.........

I would like to believe that I only value my opinion on me and what I wear, but I don't. If I think something only looks okay on me and 10 people tell me that the shirt I am wearing makes me look skinny.... guess what? - that is now my new favorite shirt lol.

So it all goes back to... is beauty in the eye of the beholder. -- or do we let other people define what we think is beautiful? for my 3 year old.. he soo thinks he rocks at dressing himself. for me, I wish I was that confident !

No comments: