I John 3:18

1 John 3:18 - "Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." . . . This is a great verse to remind us to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

still trying to figure out why Elijah is not potty training :(

sooo... thinking back to how Elijah was doing so awesome potty training (for 2 weeks!) to now where he is not really doing anything (just peeing in his pants unless we take him).... I just realized that the day he stopped telling me he had to potty, which happened to be right after a nap one day (and ever since)..... well, that nap was the first time he slept with out a diaper on.

since then, he has had only 1 nap time accident. and night time he has had about 3... so still not too bad. But should I put him back in diapers for sleeping?? -- cuz when he wakes up during the night, I always take him or else he will wet the bed... but it is a HUGE FIGHT! - yelling, screaming, huge tantrum, and he gets all worked up. But he does pee a ton.

so I guess I am wondering if I just discouraged him from wanting to go on the potty during the day cuz the night time "bathroom breaks" are so dramatic ?? That is THE ONLY THING that has changed since that day.

Is it worth a try??? or will putting him back in diapers for night time screw him up even more? He was having dry nights even with his diapers on, so I am hoping that wouldn't change.

I am at the end of my sanity. I am 30 weeks pregnant, over heated, exhausted, and completely drained/saddened that Elijah is digressing sooo much with potty training --- I don't even think his first day of training was as bad as it has been the passed few days :(


SO ANSWER THIS QUESTION FOR ME.....

No comments: