I John 3:18

1 John 3:18 - "Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." . . . This is a great verse to remind us to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.

Friday, July 3, 2009

payson trip

a couple weekends ago we tried to beat the heat a little and visit my grandparents in Payson.
Well, it was a little bit cooler, but still hot.

We really had an awesome weekend thanks to my awesome grandparents :) We got up there
Friday just before dinner time and my Grandma made an Elk roast.... I was a bit hesitant
to try it, but I gave in - and boy was I glad I did! It was sooo yummy and flavorful! Even
Mr. Elijah Bear liked! - and that really says something!! lol. After dinner we went to the park to let Elijah run around and tire himself out. After he went to bed then we stayed up playing an intense game of cards. For what it's worth... the girls won the first game .. woot woot, go us! :)

Here are a few pictures from Friday....

Elijah LOVED their dog, Piney, cause she kept giving him kisses



I love how the sun rays are showing in this picture :)




I love these boys :)
My Grandpa, Elijah, and Steven

Looking at the "pup"
He loved the hill... running to DaddyBeing brave, trying to walk up the slide

wooo... that was tiring... I need a drink!

Saying 'hi' to his Great Grandma and Great Grandpa :)
climbing up a hill... he was very determind
My Grandpa being cool
*******************************************

Saturday we went out to breakfast at the casino. For $1.99 you get eggs,
sausage, and *good* biscuits and gravy. - what a great deal! Elijah
ate my eggs and we were all happy :) lol. Later on we went to have a picnic
at Willow Springs Lake... It is beautiful there. However, I was having some
super bad allergy/ sinus issues that day and forgot a whole bunch of things...
I forgot Elijah's shoes (which made it pretty miserable cause he couldn't really
walk around too much) my camera and the blanket we were
going to use to sit on... GO ME! lol. I think
I should be fired from packing things lol lol. anywho, we made it with what we had and
had super yummy sandwiches, hung out for a little while and then headed back home.

That evening their park puts on a "music in the park" event every saturday night.
So we went and checked it out. The name of the band that was playing was called
'Moonshine Mafia'... we didn't know what to expect, but we ended up being pleasantly
surprised! They played country music, but they stuck to the more up beat rock-ish type songs.
The people in Payson truly are some of the friendliest people you will run into! There was
a huge turn out for the event and Elijah had to run around and see what everyone
was doing, and not one of them minded. We took Elijah's car stroller with us and pushed him around the park while the music played, he made sure to wave and
say "hi" to everyone that acknowledged him.

After the park we went home and put Elijah to bed. Played another game of cards... this time
the boys won.

Sunday we ate some yummy waffles, hung out,
played one more game of cards to see who the winners of the weekend would be
(the girls won, of course.....
*breaks off into singing*...
we are the champions, we are the champions,
no time for losers cause we are the champions!)

okay sorry about that... just had to share that we, the girls, beat the boys :)

My Grandpa made Elijah a footstool for his first birthday and gave it to him that
morning. Here is a few pictures of Elijah using his new home made gift!





and Elijah using it at as table lol




No comments: