I John 3:18

1 John 3:18 - "Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." . . . This is a great verse to remind us to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.

Friday, July 10, 2009

froogle ways / update...

I have been buying sheets and fabric at Goodwill to make diapers.
And 0h my goodness, I have been finding some AWESOME deals!!!
I can get a queen sized sheet for $3.99 and make a ton of diapers!!
Can't beat that!

Here is a few pictures of the diapers I have made out of sheets...
This first one is called Quick Snap Flap Wrap or for short, QSFW.
I know that really doesn't mean much to most of you... but its an awesome
diaper and the white thing is called a snappi... it holds the diaper together :)


and this is called a Hippy Hippy Snap or HHS diaper.
This one uses snaps to close it...


and another sweet find ....
This one is from craigslist.com - man I love that site!!!
I was able to buy 19 items of clothing for Elijah for $10!
Most of the shirts are still a bit big, but that just means they
will fit him for awhile and then it makes it even more worth the price :)
11 shirts and 8 pairs of shorts!


I'm still trying to figure out the crazy froogle ways of the coupon clipping and finding food deals, but hey.. I think I'm doing pretty well with the clothing and diapers for Elijah :) One step at a time.

Other then that, I am just trying to figure out what to do with Elijah's sleeping issues. He was down to waking once a night and then all of a sudden he went up to 4-5 times a night :( I don't understand why he is waking so much. So we are working on that and trying to figure out how to get him to ditch the bottle and take milk out of a sippy. - if anyone has any suggestions on either of these issues, I would gladly like to hear what you have to say :)

Some very exciting news to report! - Steven is getting his hardbadge at Boeing on the 17th! we are praising God for the answered prayers!! We will get health insurance (woo-hoo!) and Steven gets an amazing 2 cent raise, lol. Also amist that Steven has been pursuing wanting to become a police officer. Mesa PD called steven and gave him an interview a little while back and now on the 16th he has to take poli graph (sp??) test.... and hopefully from there he will pass everything and start the academy. - atleast that is what we would like to hope for :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how you spelled frugal (like google!) he he

I can't wait for our hubbys to go to the Mesa Police Academy together...here's praying! Also if they do and when they graduate we are having a huge party and putting up that picture that Justen sent Steven at the end of his slide show ;)

Timika said...

Reading your blog made me feel good knowing i'm not the only sleep deprived mom. Dani was sleeping through the night great but this week she has been waking up 5-6 times a night and I have no idea way :( And she uses a sippy during the day but at night she still wants her bottle. So my advise is that Elijah is complently normal and that he will do these thing when he is ready (at least thats what im hoping with Dani)