noun /slēp/
A condition of body and mind such as that which typically recurs for several hours every night, in which the nervous system is relatively inactive, the eyes closed, the postural muscles relaxed, and consciousness practically suspended.
***********************************************
Hmm, good to know. Too bad I never get to experience this these days. Caleb woke up 4 times last night PRIOR to 11:30. Then woke up 2 more times, Then woke up around 3am and screamed his head off and I was so upset (it wasn't a "pitty me come and get me mommy" cry, it was a "I am ticked off at the world" cry) I put elijah in our room cuz it woke him up and I snuck into Elijah's bed. after what seemed like an hour of screaming (but was prob more like 10 minutes) he started to try to climb out of his crib.
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!
so then I had to pick him up... side note, I am SO not a cry it out. I just can't let my baby sit there and cry when I know that me picking him up will make him stop. but like I said... he was screaming at me, not crying. And he wouldn't calm down even when I did pick him up.
Anywho, so I layed him down in Elijah's bed with me. Took him probably another 10 minutes to fall asleep. And then he woke up screaming mad again around 5:15. and didn't stop for about 5 minutes.
so, in my dictionary the word sleep may read something like this...
(This fictional word is) a condition of body and mind such as that which typically (is attempted) for several hours every night, in which the nervous system is relatively inactive (till you kid wakes up with a blood curdling angry scream), the eyes closed (till you walk into the wall running to their room), the postural muscles relaxed (in your dreams!), and consciousness (not) practically suspended.
lol, that was kinda funny... right? or is my lack of sleep finally catching up to me?
I really have no clue what Caleb's deal is. He had been only waking up once around 4am for milk, but now I spend my days thinking about bed time and walking around like a zombie all day but then actually dread going to bed as I know I wont really get any sleep.
It may be bad to say, but some days I wish I had insomnia ... at least that way I would be awake and could just stay up watching movies, or clean my room.
Then as the day goes on I get special moments like this where my boys are happily playing with each other and I forget about my lack of sleep.
A condition of body and mind such as that which typically recurs for several hours every night, in which the nervous system is relatively inactive, the eyes closed, the postural muscles relaxed, and consciousness practically suspended.
***********************************************
Hmm, good to know. Too bad I never get to experience this these days. Caleb woke up 4 times last night PRIOR to 11:30. Then woke up 2 more times, Then woke up around 3am and screamed his head off and I was so upset (it wasn't a "pitty me come and get me mommy" cry, it was a "I am ticked off at the world" cry) I put elijah in our room cuz it woke him up and I snuck into Elijah's bed. after what seemed like an hour of screaming (but was prob more like 10 minutes) he started to try to climb out of his crib.
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!
so then I had to pick him up... side note, I am SO not a cry it out. I just can't let my baby sit there and cry when I know that me picking him up will make him stop. but like I said... he was screaming at me, not crying. And he wouldn't calm down even when I did pick him up.
Anywho, so I layed him down in Elijah's bed with me. Took him probably another 10 minutes to fall asleep. And then he woke up screaming mad again around 5:15. and didn't stop for about 5 minutes.
so, in my dictionary the word sleep may read something like this...
(This fictional word is) a condition of body and mind such as that which typically (is attempted) for several hours every night, in which the nervous system is relatively inactive (till you kid wakes up with a blood curdling angry scream), the eyes closed (till you walk into the wall running to their room), the postural muscles relaxed (in your dreams!), and consciousness (not) practically suspended.
lol, that was kinda funny... right? or is my lack of sleep finally catching up to me?
I really have no clue what Caleb's deal is. He had been only waking up once around 4am for milk, but now I spend my days thinking about bed time and walking around like a zombie all day but then actually dread going to bed as I know I wont really get any sleep.
It may be bad to say, but some days I wish I had insomnia ... at least that way I would be awake and could just stay up watching movies, or clean my room.
Then as the day goes on I get special moments like this where my boys are happily playing with each other and I forget about my lack of sleep.
3 comments:
I hear you on the no sleep thing. Sometimes I wish I was an insomniac too! Well, I will pray for your boy to knock it off and let you get some "rest" :)
aw, sorry you're not getting any sleep. i hear ya... sorta. we keep having dinner super late, and then the kids are up till after 11, and i still have to get them ready for bed, and then my mom comes in to 'give me a turn with the baby' at, like, six or seven. *yawn*
So if caleb keeps doing this, I am officially applying for the job of "girl who sleeps on the floor next to his crib and makes him be quiet when he wakes up so missy can sleep." Seriously. I'll probably get more sleep. Think about it.
I really appreciate that you would do that Jess :) but last night he screamed from 1-3 am (grandma even closed her door cuz it was so loud and non stop) we couldn't even calm him down
Post a Comment