I John 3:18

1 John 3:18 - "Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." . . . This is a great verse to remind us to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Introducing...

Caleb Robert Carneado

Born on September 4th, 2010 at 9:32pm
Weighing in at 7 pounds 2.6 ounces
and measuring 19 3/4th inches long

*about 12 hours old ... and my favorite so far*


So for those of you interested, here is the story....

Saturday morning I was having light/medium cramping (didn't realize it was contractions at the time). Then it occurred to me that the pains were coming less then 10 minutes apart. So I talked to Steven and told him that I think we should go in and just see if anything is going on.
While we were getting everything ready, the "cramps" started to steadily get worse.
We stopped at Jamba Juice then headed up to the hospital.

We got there shortly after noon and did the paper work and got me checked out. I was dilated to 6, yay! So they admitted me :) Then they started me on penicillin right away cuz they wanted to ensure that I got 2 doses before Caleb was born. Then around 2:30 the nurse was worried that Caleb was going to come before i got the second dose so she suggested I get an epidural a little early to slow me down a little. I got the 2nd dose and then they checked me and then I was only 7 cm. So then I had to get some Pitocin cause I was no longer progressing lol. Around 7:30 I was 8cm and they broke my water... which, by the way... I had joked that I wouldn't have known if my water broke cuz Elijah's head was so low that it had to be a cork for the water...
well, they broke my water and guess what?! barely anything came out lol - I was right! I then threw up around 8:30 (which several people tell me that is a sign that baby is coming). Just shy of 9:00pm they asked if I wanted to start pushing and I, of course, said sure! - they got me all ready, then a nurse rushed in and said that we had to stop and NOT PUSH for 30 minutes cuz the dr needed to do an emergency c section cause someone had just come in from a bad car accident. I felt the pressure but was super glad for the epidural cause there is no way I could have made it that long with out pushing. anywho, my dr came back in the room around 9:25. I started pushing at 9:29 and a whopping 3 minutes later, Mr. Caleb was born at 9:32pm :)

so thats the story!

Caleb is so awesome... He isn't really eating too much yet, but the kid LOVES to sleep!! It is so nice!

Here is some pictures over the passed two day....

Just hanging out...

The happy Daddy...

and with mama...
with the dr that delivered him
First family picture!.. well, minus elijah
There he is!


looks like he is dancing...
getting ready to go home...
super cheesy smile lol
My boys...
"kisses for baby Caleb"
Elijah got really excited and shouted something and scared
the be-jeebers out of Caleb. lol
well... that is all for now :)


3 comments:

Kaela said...

Oh, he is so sweet! Cutest baby! I'm so upset that we couldn't be there to see him!
...They are the cutest little boys, Missy! :)

RKM said...

Very cute! Congratulations! I am sure Elijah is thrilled to have a brother.

Laura Blue said...

sounds like the perfect delivery! glad all went well. glad he is sleeping well for you...hope he still is. you have such a cute family! can't wait to see more photos