I John 3:18

1 John 3:18 - "Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." . . . This is a great verse to remind us to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Saint or Insane?

Guess that question is truly in the eyes of the beholder. lol. Most would call my act Saint-like... but I def think it was my insanity that led me to this crazy act....

(a couple weeks ago) I agreed to watch my sister in laws 7 kiddos (ages 17,14,14,7,6,4,2) while they went to a christian conference in another state for a 4 day weekend. It was a bit crazy at time, and with 11 people in the house I couldn't keep the fridge stocked with enough food it seemed. lol. But over all it was fun :) Elijah and Caleb loved having the extra play mates! Caleb took a special liking to his cousin Brianna - I think the feeling was mutual. I wish I would have gotten more pictures while they were here, and it would have been fun to have the memories of the crazier times, but alas, crazy times = no time for the camera. So the only pictures I have are the calm kids quietly sitting or playing. haha. --- so was not the case most of the weekend. yes, there was a lot of playing, but by no means was it calm or quiet ! = mostly do to my crazy 3 year old if you must know haha.

Yay for the quiet times though! We all sat down to watch a movie and most of the kiddos watched it.

Zachariah loved hanging out on the car couch with the car computer :)


Jacob opted to sit at the kitchen table and play with a toy. - Not sure why, but this picture is so sweet to me! guess it is cuz he is just soo happy with that one toy :)
And then there was Elijah. He had no interest in watching the movie... well that movie anyways. He requested to watch mighty machines (surprised? I didn't think so haha) so he sat on my lap with head phones and watched his own show on the lap top. It was a very peaceful break for me!


The next pictures is from when the kids were playing. Didn't really get as messy as I thought it would for having that many kiddos there for that long. - I am used to Elijah and his buddy in crime tearing the house to pieces in minutes. so this was a nice change. haha.

A close up from the above picture. Jacob was showing Elijah how to play D.K. (Donkey Kong) They had so much fun! Now, every day after Steven gets off work, Elijah asks him if he will play D.K. with him.

Seems like we spent a lot of time here ....

The weekend did have its ups and downs - downs being that it was very chaotic and I ended up having a huge family size can of cream of chicken drop on my foot.... lots of blood, tons of pain, huge gash in my toe nail, ouch ouch ouch! up being that the kiddos were wonderful to be around and it was nice for elijah to have the play buddies.

Also made me feel for the people whom have multiples :P going from 2 kids to 9 was crazy different from what we were used to haha.

No comments: