I John 3:18

1 John 3:18 - "Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." . . . This is a great verse to remind us to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

update

I cannot believe it is already February! Seriously, where has the time gone??

I am 10 weeks pregnant (as of yesterday). I have a 3D ultra sound set up for March 9th at 3:00. It is so I can get a Nucal Translucency test (aka to check if the baby has any handicaps). I do not get it for the same reason that some people do. - most people get this test to be able to terminate the pregnancy if there is issues. I, on the other hand, just love seeing my baby and 3d u/s are amazingly cool! I will be 13ish weeks when I get that u/s done. they say you usually cannot tell the sex till 15 weeks, but hey, I'm still crossing my fingers we will get to find out. :) I never had a "feeling" with Elijah as to if he was a boy or girl, but with this baby I just have a feeling its a girl. and it seems like everyone we know wants it to be a girl. Steven and I will be happy either way... two boys close in age would be great, and one of each would be equally awesome. We have tossed around a few names, but def nothing is set in stone.

Oh and I have a belly already! and best part about it is I haven't gained a pound yet.. woo hoo! :) Here is a picture from yesterday...




So Alexis, my sister in law, gave us a huge container full of mega blocks. I never could have imagined how much learning could come from them!! When Elijah is actually trying and not being silly, he can successfully name and identify : Blue, Red, Yellow (yay-yo), purple (hup-el), and Green... well green is still a little bit of an issue cuz he wants to be silly and say every other color, or if we say what color is this "he usually says "color"? But yet when you ask him to give you the green whatever, he will give you the right one.. so I think he is just being silly. I have tried several times to get a video of elijah doing colors, but everytime I turn the camera on he just wants to play with it and not listen to my instructions :( I will have to get sneaky one of these days and hide the camera. lol.

Just about every morning Elijah will help Grandma make her coffee. I guess there is four steps to making it... I don't watch but I always hear 1...2....3.....4 . Anywho, I think it is starting to pay off! Grandma says 1 and elijah usually immediately says "2" and sometimes will then say 3. def still a work in progress but now he knows how to make coffee and learning numbers. speaking of knowing how to make stuff.... He knows how to make an egg! I have him help me every time we make one. first he gets out a pan and brings it to me and say "eeeeeggggg" (he says it like a growl and its super funny!) and then he says "pan" and puts it on the stove. then he points to the high cabinet and says "shaker" (pam, we shake it so he calls it shaker). then he helps me spray it then we point to the fridge and say "eeeggggg". and the weirdo only like over easy eggs, what kid does that???? speaking of being weird, last night Elijah brought me a pan and then got the idea to put it on his head, he was sooo excited and said "hat.. hat... hat"!




In other news, we put an offer in on a house on January 25th. We both absolutely love the house. it has a big backyard with a large dog run on the side. the carport was enclosed to a room off of the living room, which will make a perfect office... so it will be like we will have a 4 bedroom house. Unfortunately, it is a short sale (nothing short about it!)... the bank has up to 90 day to give us an answer. so that part really stinks, and I know my patients will get a good kick in the butt... I hate waiting! but we are praying that if this is where God wants us to be then it will all work out.

Elijah has had some big shoes to fill lately (lol)......







Steven has been super busy with working full time plus overtime and then taking 4 college classes. So it has just been me and Elijah most of the time.


giving me some kisses :) .....


love love love this picture of us... wish daddy was in it too though....


The other day Kelly, sister in law, and one of her kiddo's, Jacob, came over for a little while. the boys had a great time playing together. I was able to get one really cute picture of the two of them....

No comments: