WOW! SO I WROTE THIS POST JUST AFTER ELIJAH'S BIRTHDAY BUT NEVER POSTED IT. DOH! WELL HERE ARE THE PICS FROM HIS BDAY LOL....
So I guess this is as good of a place to start as any.... My big boy turned 4 last month! Elijah had a pirate parrty! lol. It was amazing! Usually it is around 100 degrees outside for his party... on this day it was cool and in the LOW 80's! but there was a TON of wind. - we even got a huge burst of wind that sent the left over cup cakes and non heavy things flying. Thank goodness we had already sang and had the cup cakes lol.
Here are some of the decorations....
An awesome friend of mine made this super cool pirate ship for the party!
And just playing with some friends
Aren't these pirate boys adorable??
This was kinda funny. Abby, my niece, found some kiddos to play with and they wanted to play pirates too. so every few minutes she would come and get a new pirate eye patch or spy glass. We were wondering what she was up to but didn't really put it together till she brought them all over and they were all dressed up. I didn't mind as it was all extra stuff and they were having a great time. it was super funny though see abby (whom was obviously not the oldest or youngest of the group) being pirate captain and having all of them follow her and do whatever she wanted. - I think she felt like a queen! ... I mean a real captain :P
after the party was over he had to tell his friends goodbye... isn't this one of the sweetest pictures ever? :)
A little more of an update on Elijah... We are *very* slowly going through a book called "teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons". each lesson is about two pages long, and Elijah is usually done after one page. I don't push it too hard as he is only 4. But I think we are well on our way to having a reader by his next birthday :) he can sound out the word "mat"... but it still sounds like "mmm aaaa ttt" with the spaces between them.
He can count to 110.... and can also count to 100 by 10's :) He can count down from 10. When he wants to he can do simple math up to the answer equally 10. I am pretty sure he can recognize any number up to 100 (haven't tried every number but he will tell me that the speed limit is 65, 25, 45 ect. and he will look at my speedometer and say "mommy you are going 40...60...80 *I have no clue where that one came from lol*)
He can read a digital clock.... though he sometimes gets the 2 and the 5 mixed up cuz they are the same just backwards on the clock.
And we have been playing "market" a lot. It started out as he would set up a stand type thing and would give me some phase 10 cards for money. If I would give him a 3 card and a 1 card I would say "how many items can I have Elijah?" he would then say "4" and give me 4 jenga pieces (if you know Elijah he calls them pretend cookies lol).
So yay!! another fun way to sneak math into our day... and it was all his idea!
Last night Susan and I went to goodwill and found a play cash register that makes sounds and the keys are a calculator so he can add, subtract, multiply, and divide things for real :) pretty excited about that feature! I gave it to him this morning and the boys have been playing with it all morning!
I have him write his name every time we do school and he has gotten quite well at it. This is from today.....
He knows:
- The days of the week
- His birthday
- His address
- He can recognize "Caleb" "mom" "dad" and of course his own name. and he knows that Caleb starts with a C and mom with an M and dad with a D.
He loves to play with his brother... though Caleb doesn't always want to play with him. lol He has such a sweet heart and hates to see people sad or mad at him. We are still working on the "wild" side of him... but he is 4 and a boy... and that plus energy and creativity do get him into mischief a lot. But he is a good boy and we are so proud of him and that he has learned thus far in his life :)
No comments:
Post a Comment